Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: LPT Aladdin Hardlock emulation help

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Unhappy LPT Aladdin Hardlock emulation help

Hi everybody this is my first post so please be gentle,
    I'm trying to emulate an old LPT Dongle, I've tried lots and lots of dumpers and emulators with no success, can someone help me understand what I need to do?
    The dongle its LPT and has a small windows with E-Y-E written on it.
    I've found the MODAD to be 37BE and I think I got some dumps but I've no idea what to do with them, I've tried HASPHL2010 but I think I need a license or something and HASP Emulator PE V2.33 but I think its for the wrong dongle type, also tried MultiKey32 but I've no idea how to load the reg files.
    I'll add all of the dumps I was able to get, any help is truly appreciated (also I can't download any attachments as my karma? is low)

HL-DUMP v2.1.zipRTDumperGUI.zipHASPHL2010.zip

I dont care which operating system in the end gets used, a VM is fine aswell, I just need to run the software without the dongle as the computer that now runs the software is an old Pentium2 with a dieing hard drive.

This is the software I'm trying to run (DOS)
    OPTIPAN.zip

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 141

Default Re: LPT Aladdin Hardlock emulation help

Hi, i think your main problem will be the fact that this software was made for WIN 98 or 95 OS. However, the main issue you will face is the speed of CPU, this sofware will not work even with original dongle on todays computers.

Quote Originally Posted by ranengpro View Post
    Hi, i think your main problem will be the fact that this software was made for WIN 98 or 95 OS. However, the main issue you will face is the speed of CPU, this sofware will not work even with original dongle on todays computers.
    Hi, I got it working natively on a w7 machine with a "recent" cpu but still needs the LPT dongle, I would like to get rid of it as its a legacy app that still being used for CNC machining in a woodworking factory and they are moving to better computers. I need someone that can help me emulate the dongle or hack the dos program to skip the check (the latter might be actually extremely hard, I've tried to decompile it a little bit with no success)

optipain.jpg

Your best option would be to ask someone to unprotect this software.

Quote Originally Posted by ranengpro View Post
    Your best option would be to ask someone to unprotect this software.
    That's why I'm here asking, there are whole threads of guys trying to bypass all sort of HASP devices here but all of them are quite old and all of the attachments are inaccessible due to my low karma? or whatever it is . I think I almost got all the software but need that little nudge like formatting the .reg files to work with multikey or whatnot although I need LPT emulation and not USB emulation.

Why not use some modern software like:

CAMWorks( ) is a CAM software that is integrated with SolidWorks. It is a good option for professional woodworkers who are already using SolidWorks for their CAD work.