Thanks Thanks:  15
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Huawei No of continuos sync indicator setting improve call drop rate and call setup

Member Reputation: 476

Default Re: Huawei No of continuos sync indicator setting improve call drop rate and call set

Hello,
    Those parameters are affecting the drop call when the cause is "UL sync" So all depends on what the drop call causes are and how they contribute to drop call
    According to your parameters, the default values can help to improve the drop call while the configured settings will results more drop call\
    you should understand the concept of:
    1) RLS radio link supervisor
    2) RCS Radio connection supervisor

You should consider the impact of those parameter on user preception
    50 for Out-of-Sync means if for 50 frames (500 ms) the UL signal can not be decoded, the RL will be tagged out of sync and if during RL failure timer , in-sync is not decoded (successive decoded UL signal for example 8 in your default case) The Radio Link will be reported as Failed one to RCS and it may end up to drop call
    So if you increase Out-of-Sync counts and reduce In-sync Counts , You may have more chance to reduce Drop call due to UL sync But to see improvement you need to be aggressive in changing those parameters

Please note you may degrade users' perception ( bad quality may last more and user may feel silence and bad voice quality)

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by kentck86 View Post
    Hi Experts,

Had anyone tried this parameter tuning in huawei network? does it affect much on the improvement on call drop rate and call setup success rate? Please share if anyone has experience this parameter adjustment. thank you

Configured Settings
    Num of Continuous in Sync Ind Num of Continuous Out of Sync Ind Radio Link Failure Timer Length
    8 8 50
    Default Setting
    Num of Continuous in Sync Ind Num of Continuous Out of Sync Ind Radio Link Failure Timer Length
    5 50 50

2. Thanks justdream thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 113

Default Re: Huawei No of continuos sync indicator setting improve call drop rate and call set

Dear Kentck86,

These parameters are realated to the UL Radio Link Sync, but to obtain a better result you can adjust together with, N313, T313, N302, T302, T314, RlRelRspTmr.

I already used these parameters with the following values:

Configured Settings
    8 8 20

Dont increase to much the time to the Radio Link Fail, because this will affect the user experience.

Member Reputation: 58

Quote Originally Posted by babak1349 View Post
    Hello,
    Those parameters are affecting the drop call when the cause is "UL sync" So all depends on what the drop call causes are and how they contribute to drop call
    According to your parameters, the default values can help to improve the drop call while the configured settings will results more drop call\
    you should understand the concept of:
    1) RLS radio link supervisor
    2) RCS Radio connection supervisor

You should consider the impact of those parameter on user preception
    50 for Out-of-Sync means if for 50 frames (500 ms) the UL signal can not be decoded, the RL will be tagged out of sync and if during RL failure timer , in-sync is not decoded (successive decoded UL signal for example 8 in your default case) The Radio Link will be reported as Failed one to RCS and it may end up to drop call
    So if you increase Out-of-Sync counts and reduce In-sync Counts , You may have more chance to reduce Drop call due to UL sync But to see improvement you need to be aggressive in changing those parameters

Please note you may degrade users' perception ( bad quality may last more and user may feel silence and bad voice quality)

Cheers

Dear babak1349

Exactly!!!!! That's why I'm looking for these parameters in my network. We've a feeling that this has been manipulated so the users give End to their call before it becomes a drop call.

We have been experiencig that call get a really bad quality, to the point fo silence and practically 15seconds later it becomes a Drop Call.

Do you know how can we check it in our network? we have Huawei 3G, Ran 13.

Best Regards and thanks for your help.

Member Reputation: 58

Quote Originally Posted by alcatraz View Post
    Dear babak1349

Exactly!!!!! That's why I'm looking for these parameters in my network. We've a feeling that this has been manipulated so the users give End to their call before it becomes a drop call.

We have been experiencig that call get a really bad quality, to the point fo silence and practically 15seconds later it becomes a Drop Call.

Found It Engineers.

you can check the parameters with

lst ucell
    lst ucellsetup

And to modify it is

Mod ucell
    Add Ucellsetup.

Best Regards.

Member Reputation: 476

Hi There,
    I am not Huawei Expert
    If you have 15 seconds silence you need to look for another reason in my opinion Because those parameters modification afecting the users in poor radio conditions and remember that for out-of-sync 50 means 500 ms So your drop call may happens 0.5 ms and I think for TRlFailure (50 means 5 seconds , but I am not sure) Further more you need to add RCS timer in RNC to those values and then drop call will be triggered
    So if you have silent time in good radio conditions, it should have other reasons. It may happen in specific RNC/BSC areas So you should locate the problem first
    RfSupp had suggested some parameters , those parameters are related to RLS in UE and you may look athem as well

Best Regards
    Dear babak1349

Senior Member Reputation: 379

Hello kentck86

What are the commands to see these parameters?

thanks in advanced for your help.

Regards.
    Hi Bro,

It is under Ucellsetup

thank you
    Default Password:finetopix

Member Reputation: 60

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Dear kentCK86,

Kindly see the attached Documents, it will help exactly on what is your requirements.
    details explanation is also there on the timers related on your problem

be careful because timers are needed to set in RNC level parameter. Implementing the radio link re-establishment feature will reduce call drop but it can increase the silent call problem in the network.

you can to another Option is Modify the following parameter as below value, when implementing this closely monitor the DL power congestion. if congestion exist try to optimized the congestion also

CNDOMAINID CS_DOMAIN
    MAXBITRATE 12200
    RLMAXDLPWR 40
    RLMINDLPWR -110

please grant me a reputation if you found my comment helpful. i need your help guys also to gain reputation

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

9. Thanks radio_network, justdream, SRRFWIRELESS7, leteo, jkpllan3 thanked for this post