PDA

View Full Version : MINI LINK E adapter server&SoEM

bojo06
2011-09-02, 03:37 AM
Hi all,
I want to ask you how can i connect a MINI LINK E adapter server to hyperterminal? How can I change default settings on a MINI LINK E adapter server?

Thanks in advance

Wizeguy
2011-09-02, 11:46 AM
Hi all,
I want to ask you how can i connect a MINI LINK E adapter server to hyperterminal? How can I change default settings on a MINI LINK E adapter server?

Thanks in advance

I don't understand how you mean.
Is it possibly so, that you want to connect the MINI-LINK E adapter to a Terminal server and not "Hyperterminal"?

bojo06
2011-09-02, 02:35 PM
I agree with you!
I want to connect a terminal server to a MINI-LINK E sub-network.
To connect the MINI-LINK E Adapter Server to MINILINK
sub-networks can be used a modem.
How can I configure the TS for a MINI-LINK E Sub-network?

Wizeguy
2011-09-02, 11:55 PM
I agree with you!
I want to connect a terminal server to a MINI-LINK E sub-network.
To connect the MINI-LINK E Adapter Server to MINILINK
sub-networks can be used a modem.
How can I configure the TS for a MINI-LINK E Sub-network?

I don't have any knowledge about the modem part, a little too historic and before my time.
But consider that you have a IP connection to a TS, you will have to configure IP address and port number to be used in ML-E Adapter.
TS I guess will be either of MINI-LINK TN internal/Patton/Cisco/Digi/ or SAU IP.
Or what do you plan to use?

Have you ML-E Adapter connected to your SOEM?

Cost_Reducer
2011-09-04, 10:31 PM
to configure a terminal session (Baudrate, ComPort) you need to open the MLE Manager and then you go to "Communicatin" or similar and there you can change the serial parameters. Is this that you was looking for?

Rgds,

Cost_Reducer

bojo06
2011-09-05, 03:26 AM
I want to connect ML E adapter with subnetwork MLE, using a modem!

Wizeguy
2011-09-05, 04:22 AM
I want to connect ML E adapter with subnetwork MLE, using a modem!

What kind of modem are you planning to use?
I doubt that there are any available modus in MINI-LINK E MMU or SMU to operate towards a modem.
But I might be wrong since I know to little of modem modes.
You will need a serial line RS232 between your MLE-Adapter server and the O&M port of a MINI-LINK E. Alternatively there is a mode for using Terminal servers.
Can your modem be setup for transparently conveying RS232 or implementing a Terminal server?

I know that there is a mode using the old SAU RAC port (SAU basic, EXP1, EXP2), which can be setup towards a modem. But those SAU:s aren't manufactured any more.

Don't you have any other equipment on the MINI-LINK E site?

bojo06
2011-09-05, 02:49 PM
And now I use a modem with MLE subnetwork. But now I want to see SoEm MLE subnetwork.

Wizeguy
2011-09-07, 12:42 AM
And now I use a modem with MLE subnetwork. But now I want to see SoEm MLE subnetwork.

Are you using MLE-Adapter today or Netman?

I am not sure what problem you need to solve here, is at about migrating from MINI-LINK Manager/MLE-Adapter to SOEM/MLE-Adapter?