Capture.JPG
    Quote Originally Posted by justdream View Post
    Dears,

Could you kindly list the parameters & features you know
    that help in UE Battery Saving

4. Thanks justdream thanked for this post
    VIP Member Reputation: 1017

Default Re: UE Battery Saving

below the result,Average DRX Sleep TTI number has been increased after implement the Power Saving setting now we are saving more resources

Capture1.jpg

6. Thanks justdream thanked for this post
    Senior Member Reputation: 490

Excellent, have you noticed any negative impact on other man KPIs?
    Last edited by justdream; 2019-06-19 at 05:39 PM

VIP Member Reputation: 1017

dear
    no any degradation noticed in my project,thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justdream View Post
    Excellent, have you noticed any negative impact on other man KPIs?

9. Thanks justdream thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 238

Hi

which technology.

Rgds
    Plannerguy

4G LTE
    Would like to know if there is other recommended solutions rather than DRX

Member Reputation: 730

With any feature introduction there's also a trade off. For DRX intro it will cause data latency which will impact user experience negatively. One of the things that can be done to improve battery life of UE is to increase dormant timer setting by little bit only and also have good 4G coverage so UE doesn't keep hunting and handing over signal. Optimization is also important.

13. Thanks justdream, Abhi207 thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 61

You can adjust uplink power control parameters to have a small impact on the UE. You can also change parameters such as s-IntraSearch/s-NonIntraSearch and s-Measure to reduce the UE measuring, as well as eliminate any un-neccesary measurement strategies. You can also consider eDRX if you have lots of new UEs on the network, but it needs a EPC upgrade.

The basic principles to improve UE battery are: keep the transmit power of the UE down, adjust DRX, don't make the UE measure more than needed. You can also experiment with CA release timers etc.

If you need help setting any of the specific parameters then I can help. I'd also suggest adjusting your network optimisation procedure to find cells with lots of UEs with weak UL RSRP as measured by the eNB and work to eliminate them, that will have a huge impact on UE battery. On Huawei to do this you need to sum the values of L.UL.PUSCH.RSRP.Index0 to something like L.UL.PUSCH.RSRP.Index16 . I'd calculate this for each cell in an optimisation cluster than work down the list getting rid of the worst. It's quite intensive but it makes a huge impact.

15. Thanks Abhi207 thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by ls2398 View Post
    You can adjust uplink power control parameters to have a small impact on the UE. You can also change parameters such as s-IntraSearch/s-NonIntraSearch and s-Measure to reduce the UE measuring, as well as eliminate any un-neccesary measurement strategies. You can also consider eDRX if you have lots of new UEs on the network, but it needs a EPC upgrade. The basic principles to improve UE battery are: keep the transmit power of the UE down, adjust DRX, don't make the UE measure more than needed. You can also experiment with CA release timers etc. If you need help setting any of the specific parameters then I can help. I'd also suggest adjusting your network optimisation procedure to find cells with lots of UEs with weak UL RSRP as measured by the eNB and work to eliminate them, that will have a huge impact on UE battery. On Huawei to do this you need to sum the values of L.UL.PUSCH.RSRP.Index0 to something like L.UL.PUSCH.RSRP.Index16 . I'd calculate this for each cell in an optimisation cluster than work down the list getting rid of the worst. It's quite intensive but it makes a huge impact.
    Great info, do you have recommended setting for Uplink power control in this case?