Thanks Thanks:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: TCH Drop due to UL Bad Quality

Member Reputation: 192

Default TCH Drop due to UL Bad Quality

Hi;

We did new Frequency plan over dense BSC, but it seems that the result is not as good as we want, we noticed that the contribution of UL Bad Quality in the drop increases after the implementation of this new FP, also the ICM BAND becomes bad. please, if somebody has an idea about the main reason of that, and also how to reduce this amount of drops caused by Bad Quality in UL.

B.R

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Reputation: 473

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Default Re: TCH Drop due to UL Bad Quality

Hi,

It means your FP is not accurate and u have much frequency clash or very tight reuse. Review it again.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost78 View Post
    Hi;

We did new Frequency plan over dense BSC, but it seems that the result is not as good as we want, we noticed that the contribution of UL Bad Quality in the drop increases after the implementation of this new FP, also the ICM BAND becomes bad. please, if somebody has an idea about the main reason of that, and also how to reduce this amount of drops caused by Bad Quality in UL.

B.R

Member Reputation: 96

Check your new freq plan for collision. It is necessary to have DT after the implementation of new Freq.

Hi;

thanks for your answers, we did many checks before implementation, for us every thing was OK, but after execution we noticed that the number of drops caused by Bad Quality in DL decreased, in the same time the drops due to Bad quality in UL increases, if we have a non accurate frequency plan, I think we should get a deterioration in DL and UL, am I wrong in this ?, please I need your help.

B.R

Please do the worst cell first, if there are few cells contribute to high DCR and Bad ICM Band maybe you can work on it. But if the majority of the cells degrade this is a bigger problem.

How about your handover?

Hi;

I have already thought to work on worst cells before, so I'm doing deep investigation on it, and the HO keeps the same trend, I will check it again. thanks to all of you for your support.

B.R

Member Reputation: 238

Hi,

Which equipment vendor you are using..May be I can help you

Member Reputation: 127

Hi, 1st check cells performance may me there are few weighted cells reflected on performance behavior, if the performance for huge cells is bad after implementing the new Frequency plan you have to revert back to old assign channels.

Also make sure to check BSIC plan, Interference Matrix, can you please let us know which tool has been performed the global plan.

Member Reputation: 312

VENDOR ?PLANNING TOOL?BAND ?
    did you checked the ICM Band after frequecny implementing ?how much was the weighting ?Did you made the bsic plan before Frequecny plan ?did you audit the nighbors before frequency retuning ?
    check your HO KPI for top worst cells that you are sure the reason is bad quality Ul ?
    do you have 900 and 1800 together as co-site?

Regards/iNCEPTION
    Knowledge is power, when shared and applied:)
    "Knowledge is like money: To be of value it must circulate, and in circulating it can increase in quantity and, hopefully, in value. — Louis L'Amour”